If you’re concerned about leaving a livable world for our children, it’s not too late to do something about the forces that are degrading our land, air and water… but we need to start right now. And the best place to start is where you live.
The 350MA Berkshires Node is dedicated to ensuring that the future of Massachusetts is fossil fuel free, and that means not only transitioning to renewable energy sources as soon as possible, but making sure that we don’t spend money and time building new infrastructure in the state for the fossil fuel industry. With a focus on conservation and efficiency, through better insulation and more efficient use of the energy supplies we already have, we can easily avoid the need for more fossil fuel use in the state, both for electricity generation and for residential and business end-users in the state while we transition to our fossil fuel free future. We’re also targeting fossil fuel divestment and fair carbon pricing in our campaigns this year to help bring about a safe and sustainable future.
You can help!
We’re looking for enthusiastic, motivated people who want to volunteer their time and talents in organizing, outreach, media, art, environmental science, special events, legislative initiatives, and more!
- Attend our monthly 350MA Berkshire Node meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of every month at the Unitarian Universalist Church on Wendell Ave in Pittsfield. We have a potluck at 5:30pm, and the meeting runs from 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Work with one of our Campaigns:
- Divestment – working with state and other organizations to pull their investments out of fossil fuel equities.
- Fair Carbon Pricing – passing legislation in Massachusetts to put a Fair Carbon Pricing plan on the ballot for 2016.
- ReNEWable Mass – stopping the high-capacity fracked gas pipelines and related infrastructure proposed to run across the Berkshires and Massachusetts, and promoting renewables, energy efficiency, and energy conservation.
- Attend local town meetings. See the Calendar page.
- Contact your local, state, and federal government representatives. Use these Resources.
- Subscribe to our email Newsletter – stay abreast of when meetings will occur, and news of what the Action Groups are up to.
- Join our Google Group – If you want to participate at a more in-depth level in planning and discussions. We will enroll you in the group email list (once you’ve been added to the list you can choose whether you’d rather read messages on the web or have them delivered to your email address). Please be aware that some people find the volume of email generated by the Google Group to be a little high; but you can always unsubscribe if you find that to be the case.
»Click here to send a message to the Group coordinator requesting to be added to the list.
To sign up for the Berkshire Node monthly email newsletter, please fill out the form below: