The movement to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline is growing stronger by the day, and it’s time for all of us to rise up and play a role in this fight – no matter where we live. Start: September 13, 2016•12:00 PM End: September 13, 2016• 2:00 PM Great Barrington Town Hall• Main street /… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
September 24th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
9/24: Please join us for a People Over Pipelines walk for the Agawam/Connecticut segment of the CT Expansion project. 8 mile walk from Agawam, MA to E. Granby CT. Connecticut will be drafting a new Comprehensive Energy Strategy (CES) this fall, with public comment and hearings coming up (dates not determined yet). The old CES… [Read More]
On Saturday, September 10th, members of the Sugar Shack Alliance came to the UU Church on Wendell Avenue in Pittsfield to offer NVDA training to members of our node and other Berkshire-area environmental activists. For those who don’t know, the Sugar Shack Alliance is an organization based in the Pioneer Valley whose sole purpose is… [Read More]
Massachusetts has the resources, the technology, and the know-how to obtain 100 percent of the energy we need from clean, renewable sources. Shifting to 100 percent renewable energy would make our communities safer and healthier while boosting the state’s economy and creating local jobs. For decades, Massachusetts has been a leader in promoting clean energy… [Read More]
The Berkshire Environmental Action Team (BEAT), PLAN, and landowners have appealed Kinder Morgan’s Water Quality Permit, and we believe that means that Kinder Morgan cannot do any tree cutting until the appeal is settled. However, we need to keep a sharp eye on what Kinder Morgan is doing in Sandisfield. We want to protect the… [Read More]
- RT @MassPLAN: Berkshire Gas "Supply Plan" is a "plan to come up with a plan" re moratorium, says @KatyEiseman https://t.co/zViElbvl2n via @TheRecorderNews 3 months ago
- RT @stopspectra: Spectra is in Weymouth, MA and so are we to support local activists! #StopSpectra #climatechange https://t.co/A8UvVXwpkg 3 months ago
- @CleanYield discusses community investment, alternative investment, and how to invest locally here in Mass. https://t.co/J68m15NVjB 4 months ago
- Sustainable wealth advisors - msci kld 400 social index out performs S&P 500. https://t.co/omTpzdShof 4 months ago