Here’s a statement from our friends at the Berkshire Environmental Action Team (BEAT): Our condolences to those affected by the Columbia Gas system failure on September 13, 2018. One dead, many injured, at least 50 structures damaged or destroyed in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover. Earlier on Sept. 13, Columbia Gas released this statement about… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We’re currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
September 19th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
Congratulations to Stu Besnoff and the Town of Windsor! The full 100% renewable energy resolution (below) has passed! WHEREAS, too much of Massachusetts’ energy comes from fossil fuels that pollute our air and water and alter our climate; and, WHEREAS, Massachusetts communities are already feeling the impacts of climate change; and, WHEREAS, the town of… [Read More]
Join with 350 Mass Berkshire Node Friends for some relaxing social time! Holiday Party Wednesday, December 20th 5:30-8:30pm UU Church, 175 Wendell Ave., Pittsfield Bring yourself! Bring food and/or drink! Bring an instrument (your voice, guitar, ukulele, maracas, tamborines, drums, whatever!) Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. See you there! Happy Holidays! …from the… [Read More]
When our governor, Charlie Baker, is asked to stop supporting new fracked gas infrastructure, he says he wants to “keep his options open.” We know the only safe option is NO MORE FRACKED GAS INFRASTRUCTURE. Decisions about powering our regional (New England) electric grid are highly influenced by the governors of the NE states. Massachusetts… [Read More]
ISO-NE (Independent Systems Operator) manages our regional grid to ensure the availability of reliable electricity at competitive prices. ISO oversees the markets where wholesale electricity is bought and sold, and performs analyses and planning for the next 10 years. ˃ Most members of ISO-NE came from the fossil fuel industry, so it’s not surprising… [Read More]
Special thanks to Frank Farkas for this special report. MIT’s Sloan School was the setting for a “Gas Summit” on October 3rd, officially titled, “Common Goals, Uncommon Partners: Seeking Solutions to Reduce Methane Emissions.” The conference was essentially a report on an ongoing collaboration between a coalition of environmental and environmental justice groups (including HEET, Clean Water Action,… [Read More]
- RT @mzjacobson: Goals Set To Make Berkshires #100 Percent Renewable Energy https://t.co/ZllZ7Vzjsn 1 year ago
- RT @BHellerstein: Judy Eddy from @TheBEATNews shares progress so far from HeatSmart Great Barrington, helping local residents to swit… https://t.co/rXdFYRotZh 1 year ago
- RT @BHellerstein: “If every community does its part, we can achieve 100% renewable energy” - Pittsfield @MayorTyer https://t.co/Q5F3gekCqc 1 year ago
- RT @TheBEATNews: Thank you @repsmitty For your support for #EnvironmentalJustice ! @TheBEATNews @350MABRK https://t.co/NhIYprwGg9 1 year ago
Recent Facebook Posts
Good letter regarding preserving our forests
At tonight’s node meeting we were requested to endorse this bill. We will bring up again next month and vote on decision