The 18 people arrested for blocking Kinder Morgan from expanding its gas pipeline project into Western Massachusetts will have their day in court this week. Members of the Sugar Shack Alliance were arrested in May for blocking tree-cutting in Otis Sate Forest in an attempt to halt Kinder Morgan’s Connecticut Pipeline Expansion project. State police… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We’re currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
(No meeting in July)
August 16th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
As President Donald Trump moves forward with his efforts to dismantle the Clean Power Plan and accelerate the extraction of coal, oil, and gas on federal lands, it’s worth taking a look at our own record here in Massachusetts. While state officials speak the language of “climate leadership,” their actions have often fallen short. Case in… [Read More]
On Tuesday, June 20th from 1:00 to 5:00 pm, the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy (TUE) will hold a hearing at the Massachusetts State House to consider the two pending bills that would put fees on carbon pollution, S.1821 and H.1726. The bills cannot move forward until they are voted favorably out of… [Read More]
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources (DOER) has announced its Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART) Program regulations, which will now go through a public comment period. Massachusetts boasts the second largest solar workforce in the country thanks to state initiatives like net metering and the SREC 2 program, and today’s announcement could be a first… [Read More]
We are all engaged in the momentous struggle to stop climate change while eliminating the enormous economic and social inequalities that divide our society. We call our struggle climate justice: working to benefit and empower poor and working people, immigrants, people of color, and the LGBTQ community while we save the biosphere by cutting emissions of… [Read More]
As most of you know, trees are right now being felled at Otis State Forest in preparation for the expansion of the existing pipeline. Though the window is narrowing, there is still more that we can do (and need to do) right now! Please call your congresspeople to tell them to pressure FERC for a… [Read More]
- RT @Becky_Haugh: This is less than a 2 mile radius around the proposed #Weymouth CS. So who can show a current compressor station in… https://t.co/npfyJ1fNzQ 1 month ago
- RT @TheBEATNews: "Coal’s out” shouldn’t mean more gas is in. In New England, we've crossed that bridge. Time to go with clean energy. https://t.co/UzDQgJbcPg 1 month ago
- Pipeline resistance builds as 'Thoreau' protest cabin goes up in Otis State Forest https://t.co/e6bfvr0Y0b 3 months ago
- RT @BerkEdge: Protest Otis State Forest Sandisfield @SugarShack413 #pipeline #KinderMorgan @RepRichardNeal @SenWarren @350MABRK… https://t.co/YIOKHYsboc 3 months ago
Recent Facebook Posts
350MA Berkshire Node July News
Hi Everyone – July is such a busy month in the Berkshires! We’re hearing from a lot of people that they won’t be able to make it to the node..