Join with 350 Mass Berkshire Node Friends for some relaxing social time! Holiday Party Wednesday, December 20th 5:30-8:30pm UU Church, 175 Wendell Ave., Pittsfield Bring yourself! Bring food and/or drink! Bring an instrument (your voice, guitar, ukulele, maracas, tamborines, drums, whatever!) Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. See you there! Happy Holidays! …from the… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We’re currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
October 18th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (5:30 for refreshments)
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
When our governor, Charlie Baker, is asked to stop supporting new fracked gas infrastructure, he says he wants to “keep his options open.” We know the only safe option is NO MORE FRACKED GAS INFRASTRUCTURE. Decisions about powering our regional (New England) electric grid are highly influenced by the governors of the NE states. Massachusetts… [Read More]
ISO-NE (Independent Systems Operator) manages our regional grid to ensure the availability of reliable electricity at competitive prices. ISO oversees the markets where wholesale electricity is bought and sold, and performs analyses and planning for the next 10 years. ˃ Most members of ISO-NE came from the fossil fuel industry, so it’s not surprising… [Read More]
Special thanks to Frank Farkas for this special report. MIT’s Sloan School was the setting for a “Gas Summit” on October 3rd, officially titled, “Common Goals, Uncommon Partners: Seeking Solutions to Reduce Methane Emissions.” The conference was essentially a report on an ongoing collaboration between a coalition of environmental and environmental justice groups (including HEET, Clean Water Action,… [Read More]
Last month, Beth Adams from Mass Forest Rescue educated us about the Mohawk Trail Woodlands Partnership Plan. Berkshire and Franklin County forests are at risk of exploitation for industrial scale harvesting for wood pellets. The plan is to incentivize installing pellet boilers in schools and to ship pellets to Europe. Cutting forests for wood pellets… [Read More]
We need your help today! Massachusetts is on the verge of adopting new regulations that will undermine all the progress we have made opposing biomass CO2, toxic emissions and PM 2.5 particulates. The new regs would provide massive subsidies for biomass boilers and combined heat and power (CHP) facilities that burn biomass. They would use ratepayer… [Read More]
- RT @TheBEATNews: Thank you @repsmitty For your support for #EnvironmentalJustice ! @TheBEATNews @350MABRK https://t.co/NhIYprwGg9 5 days ago
- RT @BerkEdge: Case against pipeline protester Jacob Renner @SugarShack413 @NFGiM @350MABRK @350Mass to go to trial. Police tactic… https://t.co/iVKcyO6Omd 5 days ago
- RT @BerkEdge: Author, activist Sandra Steingraber warns of health crisis due to #PCBs, #Fracking. @NFGiM @350Mass @350MABRK… https://t.co/OHKDOob9ur 2 months ago
- RT @BerkEdge: So. District Court Judge Paul Vrabel downgrades charges against @SugarShack413 gas pipeline protesters @350MABRK… https://t.co/r58DC7TbHA 2 months ago