If Kinder Morgan is successful in its efforts to take Article 97 protected land in Otis State Forest for their Connecticut Expansion Pipeline, the value of that land should at least be compensated for financially, but the company is looking to get away with a rock-bottom price for it Kinder Morgan is also backpedaling on… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
July 20thth, 6:00 - 8:00 pm (5:30 potluck refreshments)
Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church, 175 Wendell Ave.,
Berkshire Node News
On Sunday (July 3), during the midst of the Independence Day holiday, protesters were on the street in the center of Great Barrington, taking part in what was billed as the “Mega March against PCB dumps.” An estimated 200 citizens, bedecked with yellow caution tape and carrying signs identifying General Electric as bringing poisons to… [Read More]
Are you available for an hour or two to help out at the next 3rd Thursday street festival (7/21) in Pittsfield? 350MA-Berkshires’ partner organization Living The Change (LTC) is planning an action for the next 3rd Thursday in Pittsfield. This is an upbeat way to raise the level of consciousness about climate change …a rolling cart… [Read More]
On Saturday, July 17th, around 100 protesters rallied at the gazebo behind Town Hall in Great Barrington to protest the fracked gas pipeline Kinder Morgan plans to install in state-owned and protected Otis State Forest. The company’s subsidiary, Tennessee Gas Pipeline Co. is to enlarge a swathe through the old-growth forest to bury a natural… [Read More]
General Electric is contesting the EPA’s ruling requiring them to remove PCB’s from the Housatonic River and relocate them to licensed toxic waste facilities; instead they want to dump them at three sites in Berkshire County! The Housatonic River Initiative is fighting to stop that from happening. As part of their efforts, they’re organizing teaching… [Read More]
- RT @MassPLAN: Berkshire Gas "Supply Plan" is a "plan to come up with a plan" re moratorium, says @KatyEiseman https://t.co/zViElbvl2n via @TheRecorderNews 2 weeks ago
- RT @stopspectra: Spectra is in Weymouth, MA and so are we to support local activists! #StopSpectra #climatechange https://t.co/A8UvVXwpkg 2 weeks ago
- @CleanYield discusses community investment, alternative investment, and how to invest locally here in Mass. https://t.co/J68m15NVjB 2 months ago
- Sustainable wealth advisors - msci kld 400 social index out performs S&P 500. https://t.co/omTpzdShof 2 months ago