By Jane Winn BEAT Executive Director There is a lot happening with the Connecticut Expansion pipeline. On January 10th our lawyers attended the hearing in Boston for our Oral Arguments in the federal court. It seems like Tennessee’s argument is that the 401 Water Quality Permit had to be final within one year of it being applied… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
January 18th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
There will be a training for ALL members of 350 Mass on Saturday, January 28 from 10 am to 4 pm in Boston – this is specifically designed to give new and existing members the tools, info and skills they need to dive into working on the campaigns. RSVP here (and let me know if you’d… [Read More]
Nearly 2,000 Berkshire County residents braved freezing temperatures Saturday to march against bigotry and rally around President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s 1941 call to ensure “four freedoms:” Freedom from fear; freedom from want; freedom of speech; and freedom of religion. The event, presented by the newly formed nonpartisan 4 Freedoms Coalition, brought people from across the… [Read More]
A letter from a Narragansett Indian Tribal official to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and the federal Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) accuses FERC of understating the “likely” destruction of “ancient ceremonial stone landscape features” along the path of Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company’s proposed new storage loop through Otis State Forest. In his… [Read More]
From Rep. Jon Hecht January 6, 2017 Just hours before the start of the 2017-18 session, we closed out the 2015-16 session with a major accomplishment. At 11:32 pm on Tuesday, the legislature passed the Act to Promote Zero-Emission Vehicle Adoption. This bill, which I sponsored with State Rep Frank Smizik and State Senator Jamie… [Read More]
Spurred by the threat of global climate change, stakeholders in institutions, universities, corporations, and prominent families across the globe are hungry for a coherent framework for aligning their investment mandates with their mission and core values, for pursuing profit with purpose. Many investors are proactively seeking out opportunities that help to promote renewable energy, minimize… [Read More]
- RT @BerkEdge: Annual Martin Luther King Jr. celebration #GreatBarringtonMA; @350MABRK presentation; @wgby kids programming. https://t.co/Oq3FYJl4yp 1 week ago
- RT @350Mass: Very proud: @MassAGO wins legal battle forcing @exxonmobil to release 40+ years of documents on climate change cove… https://t.co/RVcyTgw4h5 1 week ago
- RT @benhulac: BREAKING: Massachusetts county court orders #ExxonMobil to comply with Mass. AG investigation into its knowledge of climate change. 1 week ago
- Climate Justice for All - @350MABRK representing climate justice and action at #fourfreedoms in Pittsfield https://t.co/LV1cij5xF3 2 weeks ago