We need your help today! Massachusetts is on the verge of adopting new regulations that will undermine all the progress we have made opposing biomass CO2, toxic emissions and PM 2.5 particulates. The new regs would provide massive subsidies for biomass boilers and combined heat and power (CHP) facilities that burn biomass. They would use ratepayer… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We’re currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
October 18th, 6:00 – 8:00 pm (5:30 for refreshments)
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
What’s Next? Get Involved and Make a Difference Free & open to all Saturday, November 18 at 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM 350 Mass Berkshires workshop 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM The 4 Freedoms Coalition and its partners (including 350MA-Berkshires) present 24 workshops to help you learn about current challenges to our American values and… [Read More]
The Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) by law requires our utilities to include a minimum percentage of qualifying renewable energy in the electricity they provide. Massachusetts is one of 29 states with an RPS requirement. Eligible renewable energy resources include wind, solar, anaerobic digestion, and small hydro, and must have been built since 1997. This promotes… [Read More]
Our electric utilities manipulated the market to increase profits. Now there is a class action lawsuit seeking refunds. See if you qualify. If you receive your electricity bill from one of the utilities listed below, you were likely overcharged by the very utilities behind the scheme: Massachusetts: Eversource, Western Massachusetts Electric Company, NSTAR Electric Company… [Read More]
The 18 people arrested for blocking Kinder Morgan from expanding its gas pipeline project into Western Massachusetts will have their day in court this week. Members of the Sugar Shack Alliance were arrested in May for blocking tree-cutting in Otis Sate Forest in an attempt to halt Kinder Morgan’s Connecticut Pipeline Expansion project. State police… [Read More]
As President Donald Trump moves forward with his efforts to dismantle the Clean Power Plan and accelerate the extraction of coal, oil, and gas on federal lands, it’s worth taking a look at our own record here in Massachusetts. While state officials speak the language of “climate leadership,” their actions have often fallen short. Case in… [Read More]
- https://t.co/t20LmN3Iuc 2 days ago
- https://t.co/4cjf3Qv9x9 4 weeks ago
- RT @BerkEdge: More arrests at Kinder Morgan #pipeline Otis State Forest. @NFGiM @350MABRK. Standing Rock protestors joined.… https://t.co/Nor3KLYUPG 4 months ago
- RT @Becky_Haugh: This is less than a 2 mile radius around the proposed #Weymouth CS. So who can show a current compressor station in… https://t.co/npfyJ1fNzQ 5 months ago
Recent Facebook Posts
350MA Berkshire Node November News!
Event: 350 MA-Berkshires meeting, Wednesday 11/15 – Role of Forests in Mitigating the Climate Crisis 350 MA-Berkshires is meeting on Wednesday,..