Thank you all for your thoughtful engagement in our Statewide Campaign selection process. We are so appreciative of everyone’s patience, interest, and thoughtfulness as we work together to refine our priorities to strengthen our potential impact. The Statewide Steering Team of 350Mass met on Sunday to make the final selections based on the data. Looking forward… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
December 21st, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
The fight against the Dakota Access Pipeline has been nothing short of inspiring. Despite the recent victory, the fight continues… and TD Bank is bankrolling this fossil fuel time bomb to the tune of $360 million in loans. What’s happening at Standing Rock is about protecting our water and the climate. Pipeline guards assaulted the native Sioux… [Read More]
Want to do more locally on clean energy? Join this webinar to learn how to use the Clean Energy Checklist to assess your town or city’s actions so far, and to learn about the Mass Power Forward toolkit to get local clean energy projects and policies going in your community! Our dependence on dirty energy like… [Read More]
Newly elected State Senator Adam Hinds will be hosting a number of community events in the district, and we want to ensure that he hears from 350MA Berkshire Node members about our concerns for the environment, renewable energy, and all the other issues we’re fighting for. Hinds wrote “It is time to change our public… [Read More]
The Four Freedoms Coalition is a non-partisan, diverse, Berkshires-based coalition united in support of America’s founding values of freedom of speech and religion, from fear and want, and against the bigotry, intolerance and prejudice undermining these values. Berkshire Brigades held a meeting to inaugurate the Coalition, and were happy to see many people wanting renewed commitment… [Read More]
- RT @CAN_mass: Educating #Northampton residents at the Holiday Stroll about @TDBank_US' investments in the Dakota Access Pipeline!… https://t.co/9P1BwAR14A 6 hours ago
- RT @CouncilofCDNs: #climate101 no to Kinder Morgan pipeline https://t.co/aIfdNL0esY 2 months ago
- RT @MassPLAN: Berkshire Gas "Supply Plan" is a "plan to come up with a plan" re moratorium, says @KatyEiseman https://t.co/zViElbvl2n via @TheRecorderNews 5 months ago
- RT @stopspectra: Spectra is in Weymouth, MA and so are we to support local activists! #StopSpectra #climatechange https://t.co/A8UvVXwpkg 5 months ago
Recent Facebook Posts
350MA Berkshire Node December News!