Let our federal government that know that – We care about our environment. It’s not OK to gut the EPA. – We know that Climate Change poses a real danger to us all. Let our state and local officials know that we in the Berkshires want to reduce reliance on fossils fuels and promote clean safe energy for all. And we know… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
March 15th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
Eversource is seeking to raise rates by 28 percent. The company submitted a proposal to the Department of Public Utilities for such an increase and a local public hearing on the manner is scheduled for April 10 at the Berkshire Athenaeum. The company is seeking to increase revenues by $35.7 million with the increase. Another… [Read More]
Over 400 Small Business Owners Against New Pipelines Endorse Mass Power Forward 100% Renewable Campaign WHEN: Tuesday, March 21st at 10:30am WHERE: Holiday Brook Farm, 100 Holiday Cottage Rd (off Rt. 9), Dalton, MA 01226 (Meet at the Farm Store. This is the first building on the left when you get to the farm itself). … [Read More]
Tennessee Gas has reported to the Sandisfield Conservation Commission that they will begin erosion control installation on March 15th. TGP also told the Sandisfield Conservation Commission that they would be refreshing the LOD (limit of disturbance) staking and begin the wetland flagging. Monitors reported today that they are in fact working on the LOD staking so it… [Read More]
Synapse is thrilled to announce the release of a new report, New England’s Shrinking Need for Natural Gas. This report examines the need for, and the cost of, the Access Northeast (ANE) natural gas pipeline. As proposed, the ANE pipeline relies on a novel funding mechanism whereby electric ratepayers would pay for new gas pipelines…. [Read More]
Thank you to everyone who has contacted FERC regarding Kinder Morgan’s premature request to fell trees for the CT Expansion project. (Well over 100 of you!) The talking points previously circulated */are now outdated/*, as the Berkshire Superior Court held its eminent domain settlement hearing on 2/6/17, and the judge said he plans to sign… [Read More]
- Pipeline protestors hold “funeral” for Otis State Forest https://t.co/OIyQFxXtoD #berkshires 2 months ago
- RT @BerkEdge: Annual Martin Luther King Jr. celebration #GreatBarringtonMA; @350MABRK presentation; @wgby kids programming. https://t.co/Oq3FYJl4yp 2 months ago
- RT @350Mass: Very proud: @MassAGO wins legal battle forcing @exxonmobil to release 40+ years of documents on climate change cove… https://t.co/RVcyTgw4h5 2 months ago
- RT @benhulac: BREAKING: Massachusetts county court orders #ExxonMobil to comply with Mass. AG investigation into its knowledge of climate change. 2 months ago
Recent Facebook Posts
350MA Berkshire Node March News!
Interested in local environmental issues? We sure are! Check out this lovely write up on opposition to the Sandisfield Pipeline which is proposing..