On April 12, FERC issued the Notice to Proceed with tree felling and construction for the TGP Connecticut Expansion pipeline project. Please CALL: Senator Warren’s Office: (617) 565-3170 Senator Markey’s Office: (617) 565-8519 Congressman Neal’s Office: (413) 785-0325 (if he’s your Congressman) Ask that your Senators (and Congressman) send a letter to FERC requesting that: –… [Read More]
Who We Are
We are the Berkshire Node of 350Massachusetts, a climate action network made up of engaged volunteers who work with the media, organize events, educate their communities, lobby lawmakers, and more. We're currently focusing on three specific statewide campaigns:
1) ReNEWable Massachusetts: We’re calling for a halt to all proposed new fossil fuel infrastructure, including all proposed fracked gas pipelines. These pipelines would bring fracked gas through Berkshire County and threaten the environment and the climate system.
At the same time, we are pushing for the development of renewable energy sources, regulatory reform, energy conservation, and infrastructure repairs to meet our energy needs and ensure a clean, sustainable energy future and economy in Massachusetts.
2) Divest from Fossil Fuels: We’re calling on our government, universities, faith organizations, businesses and individuals to divest from fossil fuel investments.
3) Fair Carbon Pricing: We’re working across the state to put a price on carbon to make polluters pay.
350MA Berkshire Node volunteers also work on a number of local initiatives, including efforts to improve public transportation, fighting to protect our conservation lands, and more.
350MA Berkshire Node Meetings Take Place on The Third Wednesday of Every Month
April 19th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
175 Wendell Avenue
Berkshire Node News
I’m excited to share new fossil fuel free investing clearinghouse, DivestmentGuide.org! A project of DivestInvest Individual, this site is designed to augment collective NGO and business community efforts • leveraging financial markets to reduce climate risk, • making it easier to invest fossil fuel free, and • accelerating the clean energy transition. We launch this… [Read More]
You’ve heard it often enough: “The situation is horrendous. Oh, marching may make people feel good, but it doesn’t really change anything.” But consider this. Many in Congress who have come home from Washington in recent weeks to angry town hall meetings and phones ringing off the hook have been forced to admit that their… [Read More]
Let our federal government that know that – We care about our environment. It’s not OK to gut the EPA. – We know that Climate Change poses a real danger to us all. Let our state and local officials know that we in the Berkshires want to reduce reliance on fossils fuels and promote clean safe energy for all. And we know… [Read More]
Eversource is seeking to raise rates by 28 percent. The company submitted a proposal to the Department of Public Utilities for such an increase and a local public hearing on the manner is scheduled for April 10 at the Berkshire Athenaeum. The company is seeking to increase revenues by $35.7 million with the increase. Another… [Read More]
Over 400 Small Business Owners Against New Pipelines Endorse Mass Power Forward 100% Renewable Campaign WHEN: Tuesday, March 21st at 10:30am WHERE: Holiday Brook Farm, 100 Holiday Cottage Rd (off Rt. 9), Dalton, MA 01226 (Meet at the Farm Store. This is the first building on the left when you get to the farm itself). … [Read More]
- RT @BerkEdge: Delegation asks @FERC to revoke #pipeline in Otis State Forest. @350MABRK @RepRichardNeal @SenWarren @SenMarkey https://t.co/fkEXRKtKP8 11 hours ago
- RT @350Mass: Cambridge, MA passed resolution last night calling for 100% renewable energy by 2035! #Go100Percent @jandev… https://t.co/fnGM47bpQ3 1 day ago
- RT @BerkEdge: Options remain to delay #fracked #naturalgas pipeline Otis State Forest, despite @FERC. @350MABRK @NFGiM… https://t.co/enRkK7Oen5 5 days ago
- RT @WillDivest: BREAKING: Students stage wedding between @WilliamsCollege and the fossil fuel industry. #BringYourObjections… https://t.co/9M3JnUtXpm 5 days ago